• In Q3 2019, international tourist arrivals to Thailand reached 9.7 million, an increase of 7.0% Y-o-Y.
• Chinese tourist arrivals to Thailand has started to recover from the boat accident in Phuket last year, totalling 2.8 million in Q3 2019, a 17.3% Y-o-Y increase.
• Tourist arrivals from India continued to grow, increasing by 28.8% Y-o-Y with 492,433 visitors.
• Q3 occupancy decreased by 2.6 percentage points Y-o-Y to 77.1%. ADR also fell by 1.9% Y-o-Y to THB 3,258.
• There were three new hotel openings with a total of 526 keys, namely; Avani Sukhumvit Bangkok, Triple Y Hotel and T2 Sukhumvit 22.
• Hotel supply in downtown Bangkok was 48,460 keys in Q3 2019, a 4.3% increase from Q3 2018.